Dave Lewis (born 1966) is a poet and photographer based in Pontypridd. Although he was reading Shelley, Homer and Dylan Thomas by age fifteen he studied zoology at Cardiff University. Lewis taught science and PE for many years before becoming disillusioned and leaving the teaching profession. He is a former web producer for the BBC Wales Scrum V website. In 2007, along with Welsh writer John Evans, he set up the first ever Welsh Poetry Competition. He has published a number of different books including a modern, crime thriller trilogy set in his native Wales and East Africa. After cycling around Wales in 2016 he started Wales Trails to highlight the anglification of his homeland. He also runs Publish & Print, a self publishing company that aims to promote struggling Welsh writers. Although an accomplished poet he continues to self publish his work.
Website – www.david-lewis.co.uk
- Layer Cake. Ponty Press. 2009.
- Urban Birdsong. Ponty Press. 2011.
- Sawing Fallen Logs For Ladybird Houses. Ponty Press. 2011.
- The First Five Years. Ponty Press. 2011.
- Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Publish & Print. 2011.
- Haiku. Publish & Print. 2012.
- Raising Skinny Elephants… Publish & Print. 2013.
- Roadkill. Publish & Print. 2013.
- Photographic Composition. Publish & Print. 2014.
- iCommand. Publish & Print. 2015.
- Land’s End to John o’ Groats. Publish & Print. 2015.
- Reclaiming The Beat. Publish & Print. 2016.
- Wales Trails. Publish & Print. 2016.
- Ten Years On. Publish & Print. 2016.
- Happy. Publish & Print. 2017.
- Basic Photoshop. Publish & Print. 2017.
- Going Off Grid. Publish & Print. 2018.
- Never Seventeen. Publish & Print. 2018.
- Hadrian’s Cycleway & Coast 2 Coast. Publish & Print. 2019.